- Kai Walberg, R&D Engineer @Quokka.io
- Haven King-Nobles, Co-founder of Fish Welfare Initiative
- Christopher Orlando Morales, Software Engineer @Lockheed Martin
- Allan Shang-Long Mao, R&D Engineer @Ansys
- Claire Cannatti, Senior App Developer @InterSystems
- Mirabela Medallon, Full Stack Developer @Booz Allen Hamilton
- Ryan Patrick Bogutz, Software Engineer @Trimble Maps
- An Ngyuen, Software Engineer @Pure Storage
- Carson Rupp, Product Manager @Cvent, Inc.
- Catherine B Schroeder, MS @MaryMount University, Security Researcher at NIST
- Madison Call, MS @Arizona State University in progress
- Chloe Eggleston, MS @UM Amherst
- Tanay Dixit, MS @UIUC in progress
- Sunshine Chong, MS @UC Davis, Software Engineer @Microsoft
- Aidan Kelley, PhD @UC Berkeley in progress
- Emilee Daniel, JD @American University Washington in progress
- Antonio Camara, PhD @Harvard in progress
- Haoda Wang, PhD @Columbia University in progress
- Tyler Kann, PhD @Georgia Tech in progress
- Oliver Mel Allen, PhD @Northeastern University in progress
- Amani Maina-Kilaas, PhD @MIT in progress
- Tarang Saluja, PhD @UM Amherst in progress
- Shayan Javid Yazdi, MS @USC, PhD @USC in progress
- Caleb Ziems, MS @GeorgiaTech, PhD @Stanford in progress
Press coverage and publicity
News article citing Hickey et al. paper:
"According to an academic analysis published last weekend, hate speech quadrupled on the platform immediately after Musk’s takeover. Those peddling abuse felt they could write what they wanted thanks to a self-avowed “free speech absolutist” taking over. Even as the clamour of the acquisition quelled, hate settled at a new baseline – about twice as high as it was in the pre-Musk era."
Understanding DNS query composition at B-RootAPNIC blog post by Jake Ginesin about his REU research.
- AnMei Dasbach-Prisk, Cory DeWitt, and Luis Garcia. SensorLoader: Bridging the Gap in Cyber-Physical Reverse Engineering Across Embedded Peripheral Devices. Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Security and Privacy of Sensing Systems, 2023.
- Nathan Chen and Genevieve Bartlett, Poster: Emotional Language in News: Detection and Intervention, In The Twenty-fourth International Symposium on Theory, Algorithmic Foundations, and Protocol Design for Mobile Networks and Mobile Computing (MobiHoc ’23), 2023.
- Daniel Hickey, Matheus Schmitz, Daniel Fessler, Paul Smaldino, Goran Murić, Keith Burghardt, Auditing Elon Musk's Impact on Hate Speech and Bots, Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, 2023.
- Emily L. Wang, Luca Luceri, Francesco Pierri, Emilio Ferrara, Identifying and Characterizing Behavioral Classes of Radicalization within the QAnon Conspiracy on Twitter, Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, 2023.
- Rajat Tandon, Haoda Wang, Nicolaas Weideman, Shushan Arakelyan, Genevieve Bartlett, Christophe Hauser and Jelena Mirkovic, Leader: Defense Against Exploit-Based Denial-of-Service Attacks on Web Applications, in Proceedings of RAID, 2023.
- Nicolaas Weideman, Haoda Wang, Tyler Kann, Spencer Zahabizadeh, Wei-Cheng Wu, Rajat Tandon, Jelena Mirkovic and Christophe Hauser, Harm-DoS: Hash Algorithm Replacement for Mitigating Denial-of-Service Vulnerabilities in Binary Executables, in Proceedings of RAID, 2022.
- Haoda Wang, Christophe Hauser and Luis Garcia, AutoCPS: Control Software Dataset Generation for Semantic Reverse Engineering, Proceedings of IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, 2022
- Tarang Saluja, John Heidemann, and Yuri Pradkin, Differences in Monitoring the DNS Root Over IPv4 and IPv6. In Proceedings of the National Symposium for NSF REU Research in Data Science, Systems, and Security, 2022.
- Jacob Ginesin, Jelena Mirkovic, Understanding DNS Query Composition at B-Root, REU symposium at International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies, 2022.
- S. Ngo, D. DeAngelis, L. Garcia, Modeling Human-Cyber Interactions in Safety-Critical Cyber-Physical/Industrial Control Systems, National Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems (REUNS), October 22, 2022.
- Erica Stutz, Yuri Pradkin, Xiao Song and John Heidemann, Visualizing Internet Measurements of Covid-19 Work-from-Home, REU Symposium in Data Science, Systems, and Security, 2021.
- Zaina Shaik, Filip Ilievski and Fred Morstatter, Analyzing Race and Citizenship Bias in Wikidata, REUNS 2021.
- Chloe Eggleston, Jeremy Abramson, Woolery: Toward Semantic Annotation of Structured Documents with FrameNet, Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems, REUNS 2021.
- Kaitlyn Hannah Ko, Keith Burghardt, Goran Muric, Enter At Your Own Risk: The Impacts of Joining a Hateful Subreddit for REU Research in Networking and Systems, REUNS 2021.
- Oliver Melbourne Allen, Emily Chen, Emilio Ferrara, Pictures as a Form of Protest: A Survey and Analysis of Images Posted During the Stop Asian Hate Movement on Twitter, REUNS 2021.
- Ryan Bogutz, Yuri Pradkin and John Heidemann, Identifying Important
Internet Outages, Sixth National Symposium for NSF REU Research in Data
Science, Systems, and Security (Dec. 2019)
- A. Mao, D. Garijo and S. Fakhraei, SoMEF: A Framework for Capturing Scientific Software Metadata from its Documentation, 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data), Los Angeles, CA, USA, 2019, pp. 3032-3037.
- Lin, Anne, Andreés Abeliuk, and Emilio Ferrara. Effects of Network Structure on Subjective Preference Diversity. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data). IEEE, 2019.
- Chong, Sunshine, and Andrés Abeliuk. Quantifying the Effects of Recommendation Systems. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data). IEEE, 2019.
- Ziems, Caleb, Ymir Vigfusson, and Fred Morstatter. Aggressive, Repetitive, Intentional, Visible, and Imbalanced: Refining Representations for Cyberbullying Classification. 2020 International Conference on Web and Social Media. AAAI, 2020.
Posters and Alumni