The USC Information Sciences Institute is excited to announce our
ongoing Research Experience of Undergraduates (REU) Program. It focuses on
createing a Safe, Usable, Reliable and Fair Internet.
ISI's REU program has been active since 2018 and has supported 35
undergraduate students from the U.S.
In a number of cases they have seen their work
in peer-reviewed venues. We are grateful to NSF CISE for their generous
support of this program via awards #1659886 and #2051101.
In our program, students will participate in an 9-week research experience at USC/ISI campus in Marina del Rey. The program includes:
Applicants in need can also apply for REU participation fellowship to receive up to 10,000 $ to help with financial insecurities. This opportunity is offered by Last Mile Education Fund.
- a weekly stipend of $600
- travel reimbursement to/from Los Angeles
- housing at USC campus
- free shuttle between USC and ISI
- professional development activities
- social events in the Los Angeles area
Applications due:|| Feb 15-28, 2023|
|Acceptance notifications:|| Feb 25 - Mar 10, 2023|
|Program duration:|| Jun 4 - Aug 5, 2023|
Students will work with USC/ISI's renowned faculty, staff and graduate students on problems that seek to improve Internet's safety, usability, reliability or fairness. Please explore our list of research projects using the menu on the left.
To apply, students must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- US citizens or permanent residents
- enrolled at an accredited higher learning institution (including two-year institutions)
- have finished at least their second year of study (exceptional freshmen may be considered)
- not have completed their undergraduate degree
We welcome all applicants, and especially encourage applications from populations that are underrepresented in computing. Traditionally, around 50% of our admissions have been from smaller schools that do not have robust undergraduate research programs.
Current participants please click here.