- USC/ISI shuttle
- Breakfast items
- Calendar of events (agenda option gives you summary at a glance)
- Shared Google drive folder
- REU meeting link - cohort and meeting schedule
- REU areas - meetings and resources
- RCR training
- Surveys for the first day: one and two
- Research questions:
- What problem am I trying to solve? Why is this problem important? Why is solving it difficult?
- What has been done before (to solve that same problem, to solve related problems that I can leverage)? How do I compare to other efforts to solve that same problem - is my solution better and how? Please see here for resources on how to find research papers.
- What is my solution (high level intuition)? What are the details that I have to decide (thresholds, design flow, etc)? How can I reason about these decisions?
- What data can I use to test my solution? Do I have enough data? Is there noise? Do I understand ground truth? Can I generate synthetic data?
- What is my desired outcome at the end of the program? What is the smallest unit of work that I can complete to feel I've made progress on solving this problem?
- Poster template is here.
- Last week survey for students
Publication opportunities (updated for 2023)